NORTHANTS & RUTLAND O GAUGE GROUP - 26TH JUNE

Model and prototype railway topics not related to any specific brand.
RicardoPatina

NORTHANTS & RUTLAND O GAUGE GROUP - 26TH JUNE

Post by RicardoPatina » 18 Jun 2017, 14:29

We are a week away from our next meeting which has a loose, informal theme: GWR or BR Western Region. Of course anybody can bring whatever they want to run or display. Buildings, signals, bridges, scenery, diecast etc - please bring anything which you feel benefits the layouts. We have a target of forty visitors this time so do come along and bring a friend or two. The home-cooked food is becoming almost as much of an attraction as the trains! Vintage/modern, clockwork/electric.
We can run two-rail as well.
HARRINGWORTH VILLAGE HALL
GRETTON ROAD,
HARRINGWORTH
NORTHANTS NN17 3AD
4.00 - 8.30ish
Easy car-parking and fully disabled-friendly.

claughton1345

Re: NORTHANTS & RUTLAND O GAUGE GROUP - 26TH JUNE

Post by claughton1345 » 27 Jun 2017, 23:48

I attended yesterday with Allen Levy and Stan Friedman, only to find very many of those one has heard of, on this and the old forum, there already. It was particularly pleasing to meet the organiser, Ricardo Patina, finally being able to put a face to the name.

There were two multi track ovals , both constantly busy with electric trains from the old and modern eras of which the latter included not merely the usual UK-marketed makes but also a DR Reingold set by MTH, complete with their green Baviaruan pacific.

This event is, I'm told, held every other month. in view of the delightful setting, well lit and ventilated hall, fabulous comestibles and great atmosphere, i hope to make it into a regular excursion. A further attraction is the nearby Welland Viaduct, incorporating 82 40ft span arches, the longest across any single valley in England, according to Wikipedia.

RicardoPatina

Re: NORTHANTS & RUTLAND O GAUGE GROUP - 26TH JUNE

Post by RicardoPatina » 28 Jun 2017, 08:18

Peter, thanks for your kind words. I was delighted that you, Allen and Stan made the long haul to Harringworth; I was honoured to welcome virtually the entire Ace team since Steve Guest made the trek and Len Mills is a regular. Paul Lumsdon, with whom I co-run NAROGG, was gutted to miss this one due to a date with a scalpel. We look forward to welcoming you again, perhaps at our all-day event on Saturday 30th September.

Our boast to be the most picturesque model-railway event in England is, I believe, well-founded and the comments regarding the food written elsewhere on this forum are just recognition of the culinary efforts of Cathy Holder and Angie Lumsdon. The trains are, of course, a huge attraction but for me personally the friendly ambience created by those who attend, the friendships that are developing and the inclusive ethos that we try to promote all help to make NAROGG a worthy endeavour. It has been and is hard work but boy is it worth it! As a package, I believe the event to be unique and it is attributable in no small part to those who attend as well as we who organise.

The welcome will always be warm and as long as the hardware is O gauge, anything is welcome.
Ricardo